Bangkok: Asiatique

The Asiatique is a relatively new spot for night shopping & dining in Bangkok. So, got to check it out. Another thing that make this place more attractive to me was the free shuttle boat service from the pier near the BTS station Saphan Taksin. Well, a boat ride on Chao Phraya is a must-do for tourist and what better way to avoid the congested streets. 

















There was a pretty good mix of dining places and shops. There were fast food, thai street food and restaurants of varying price range & cuisine. Shops offer a range of products, just like chatuchak but of coz of smaller scale.

As usual, the clothing stores don't have fitting room. But, at one of the shops, I was pleasantly surprise that the owner allowed me to try the clothes at the public toilet before I decide on my purchase. Well, that's good customer service. What made the experience better was that the toilet was clean and dry and equipped with a big full length mirror. This was just experience at one shop. I'm not sure if other shops offer such friendly sale tactic.

Asiatique will be a place I would like to visit again if I go Bangkok in future. It was comfortable shopping there (even though there was no air-con). And, I believe some of the nice stuff I found here were not found at other bangkok's market.




Comments

Popular Posts